Location: Glasgow, UK
Seaweed Generation, a pioneering and wildly entertaining climate change team, are looking for a Mechanical or Marine Engineer for our marine team.
Seaweed Generation is on a mission to mitigate and remove carbon emissions using seaweed. We believe that the wonders of seaweed can be coupled with technology for ocean rehabilitation of biodiversity, removal of pollution, and de acidification, that will also create a fantastic base biomass for food, animal feed, fertiliser, plastics, fuel, carbon removal, and much much more.
Our focus is on creating technology and infrastructure that can make this a reality. At heart, we are inventors, who believe that automation, robotics, data and a little imagination can hold the key to a scalable and sustainable future for seaweed aquaculture and for the planet.
We are looking for a multi discipline engineering technician to assist with our expanding requirements. Experience of complex engineering systems is essential along with thinking outside the box to solve the technical challenges you come across.
Using your technical skills, you will be responsible for delivering a variety of mechanical tasks for innovative new marine engineering solutions. Along with our other multi discipline engineers, you will be able to assist in the manufacture of high quality R&D prototypes as well as final production systems.
We have a dynamic environment and it’s essential to work together as part of a wider team.
Our work is globally focused, with travel opportunities very likely in the future.
- A BTEC/HNC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering subject would be great but relevant experience is just as important. Talk to us and tell us why your experience would be a great fit.
- EngTech professional qualification with the IMechE or be willing to work towards the EngTech qualification or similar professional body.
The role will be varied, requiring a balance of relevant industry experience, technical ability, communication and stakeholder management skills. As such you should have the following:-
- strong practical and organisational skills with the ability to manage your own workload
- forward planning and the ability to use your initiative
- excellent scientific and technical knowledge and good IT skills
- written and oral communication skills to communicate with teaching staff and students
- team working skills to work successfully with a team of technicians
- the ability to cope with competing demands
- a thorough, meticulous approach
- knowledge of safe working practices.
Able to work competently without supervision and problem solve, whilst drawing on team collaboration and guidance where appropriate.
Marine experience, either as a hobby or in a previous work role, or even a keen interest to get started! There will be lots of time spent in / around the sea.
Experience with robotics / 3d Printing / Arduino / Raspberry Pi etc would all be very relevant.
- Assembly / fabrication using technical drawings.
- Assisting with development of projects.
- Supporting engineers with the development of design solutions.
Please email: email@example.com for more information.
40 hours a week, salary range £20 - £28k depending on experience, 25 days holiday, company equity and pension scheme.