Location: Glasgow, UK
Seaweed Generation, a pioneering and wildly entertaining climate change team, are looking for a Mechanical or Marine Engineer for our marine team.
Seaweed Generation is on a mission to mitigate and remove carbon emissions using seaweed. We believe that the wonders of seaweed can be coupled with technology for ocean rehabilitation of biodiversity, removal of pollution, and de acidification, that will also create a fantastic base biomass for food, animal feed, fertiliser, plastics, fuel, carbon removal, and much much more.
Our focus is on creating technology and infrastructure that can make this a reality. At heart, we are inventors, who believe that automation, robotics, data and a little imagination can hold the key to a scalable and sustainable future for seaweed aquaculture and for the planet.
We are looking for a engineering fabricator / welder / mechanical technician to assist with our expanding engineering requirements. Experience of complex engineering systems is essential along with thinking outside the box to solve the technical challenges you come across.
You will be responsible for assisting with the design and fabrication of Seaweed Generations hardware systems for deployment across the globe, from concept design through design and commissioning in our development of industry leading technologies.
Our work is globally focused, with travel opportunities very likely in the future.
- 5 Years’ experience in engineering (not necessarily in marine engineering)
- Experience in the design, build, integration, support and operation of ships and / or marine equipment
- Understands how marine engineering integrates into other technologies and products
- Recognised engineering qualifications - We welcome varied applications
- Highly flexible
- Can do attitude
- High integrity
- Welcomes and actions feedback
- Passionate about climate change
- Excited to travel
Nice to haves:
- STCW & ENG1 qualified
- Passion for seaweed (if not, don’t worry, it will come!)
- Engineering Hobbyist
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
40 hours a week, salary negotiable (depending on experience), 25 days holiday, company equity and pension scheme.